Thursday 24 July 2008

Bad Timing?

I know that we still have a long wait until WotLK is released. Beta test is ongoing but we probably won't see the expansion in the next few months. I think Blizzard timed this expansion a lot worse than the Burning Crusade. Summer is here and that means a lot of players are taking some time off from the game enjoying the weather and taking some vacation time to even warmer locations. This reflect heavily on the raiding community A lot of raiding guilds are struggling to fill their raids trying to invite new (lesser?) players to fill their ranks. It's the same story as every summer. But it seems to me that this summer is even worse. I see a lot of people already making preparations for a new expansion. Be it creating lvl 1 alts to ensure they get the name they want for their Death Knight or leaving guilds creating small communities of friends to level with in Northrend. This happened pre TBC also but only when an actual date was set for release. That’s when all the guilds started to fall apart. If I'm right about this we are looking at pretty dull fall. I'm no PvP fan but I think that’s where we are heading. Casual guilds, casual PvP awaiting a new expansion. Less 25 man and more 10 man raids. Bear Mount anyone?

No comments: